Re: Debian vs Gentoo

Hanasaki JiJi said:
> Any info / comparisons available?  This is not flame firewood.  It is
> intellectual curiosity.

i get the impression that gentoo is sort of like debian unstable,
in that it has a lot of bleeding edge software. one of my co workers
considers it like debian except everything is compiled from source.

if you like bleeding edge and the best optimizaitons for your
software it may be a good choice. I am more for stability then
performance(which is one reason I recently bought 2 dual P3-450s
for my next home servers, instead of P4 or the higher end
Athlon despite the P3-450s costing more then the Athlons and most
P4s)

nate