Re: List postings as attachments

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:21:33 -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:

>> Why do some list postings arrive as attachments? Is this
>> dependent on the mail client used to read list mail?
>>
>> Is there any way to prevent this, and have all messages
>> arrive in the message body?

You might want to fix the attribution header to show who you're quoting.

>For what it's worth (and I use OE to read this list at work),

<snip>

>So, would everyone please re-configure their setup to function
>like Paul Johnson's does ?? :-) Paul, care to share your setup
>for others to see ?? Of course, I don't expect anyone to
>change their "my setup ain't broken, yours is" mail program
>for us lowly M$ Outlook and Outlook Express users...

It is unlikely that anyone will accommodate you on this.  I run mail
from Windows, but had the good sense to find another mail app.  After
several "not so hot" trials, I settled on Forte Agent about two years
ago.  It has none of the gripes you deal with--though there are some
minor wish-list items....  So,  fork out the $30. and get as sane as you
can be on a MS machine.

>(if you fail to see the humour or jest in this, I feel sorry
>for you...)

Kinda like laughin' to keep from cryin'?

--
gt                  kk5st@swbell.net
 If someone tells you---