HPIJS & Magicfilter

I have a HP Deskjet 694C that works well with lpr and magicfilter. Here is
the relevant /etc/printcap section:

lp:\
	:if=/etc/magicfilter/dj690c-best-filter:\
	:lp=/dev/lp0:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
	:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
	:sh:

Although my current setup works, I am thinking about switching over to the
hpijs (HP Ink Jet Server) package. I have read some documentation for hpijs
and looked through the archives for debian-user, but I do not yet have a
clear understanding of how to get hpijs to work.

Is it as simple as setting the :if=some_new_hpijs_filter? Or do I need to use
apsfilter instead of magicfilter in order to use hpijs? Or am I completely
off-base?

I am afraid that I have never had much trouble with lpr and printing and
thus have never really had to get my hands dirty getting a printer to work.
Any advice or URL's to the right FM (RTFM) would be greatly appreciated.

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:rkrjrdn@epix.net