Problems with playing DVD

Hi,

I have an Dell I8k with a toshibe DVD-Rom drive. I'm trying to play some encrypted DVD-Movies. I installed ogle and the CSS-lib. Trying to play the disc produces some error messages and suggestions to set the region for the drive. So I installed dvd_disc, but the regionset produces the following output:

# ./regionset /dev/hdb
ERROR: Could not retreive region code settings of the drive!
Would you like to change the region setting of your drive? [y/n]:y
Enter the new region number for your drive [1..8]:2
New mask: 0xFFFFFFFD, correct? [y/n]:y
ERROR: Region code could not be set!

Any suggestions?

I'm able to play non encrypted Disks without any problems.

Thank you for any help in advance

Andraes.

Pleas CC me any answers: afromm@physik.uni-erlangen.de