[Solved - partially] Re: E-mail Download Fails with qpopper

I'm still not totally sure what qpopper's problem was, but I did find
that a simple "apt-get remove qpopper" and then "apt-get install
cucipop" lets me download e-mail from my server via pop all day long.
I'm wondering if qpopper defaults to the wrong type of authentication
or something.

Jacob

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:06:37 -0500
Jacob S. <j-schroeder@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I recently apt-get installed qpopper on a server with a working
> install of qmail. Using commandline tools, I can see there's mail
> sitting in the appropriate place at /var/spool/mail/<username>. This
> is mail for a username that has a regular login on the server.
> However, whenever I try to connect to the server using a pop client,
> the download fails and I find this message in /var/log/syslog on the
> server.
>
> Aug 14 22:56:35 <hostname> in.qpopper[29602]: refused connect from
> <computer.domain-name.net>
>
> I'm able to login fine from the terminal using the same username, as
> well as ssh into the machine using that username. So, I know I don't
> have the wrong password.
>
> Does anyone else have any suggestions?
>
> TIA,
> Jacob

-----
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?

http://www.linux.org/