Re: Debian 3.0 installation

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 01:14:42PM +0200, Christian Banik wrote:
> Dear Debian Team,
>
> i've got a Nvidia TNT 2 (32 MB) video card with i think a Vanta chip.
> Bootstrap asks me (in Configuring Xserver-xfree 86) for the
> manufacturer, model or family of my chipset.
> Choice: vesa , apm , ark , nv(nvidia?) , s3virge , vga , and so on.
> Nvidia is not listed. What can i do? Thanks a lot Christian Banik

If do not want 3D acceleration, then chose the nv driver.  If you want
3D acceleration (for Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, and so forth), then you
want to install the nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glx-src packages and
compile the nvidia driver.  (Well, not compile, but glue together.)  All
of the directions for this will be in the /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-src
and /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-src directories.

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735