Re: Readable web pages -- use CSS (was Re: the older debian user; Debian Senior)

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:10:13AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> My very strong preference here is to disable most <font> antics with a
> user CSS.

Why this, instead of simply using Mozilla's GUI?

> For Galeon and Mozilla, this is userContent.css in the
> application's config directory (.galeon or .mozilla, appropriate
> subdirectory).
>
> For more infomration:
>
>    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/UserContentCSS
>
> I've snipped your rant, but note that CSS _does_ put the power back in
> the reader's hands.

Assuming, of course, you think that the average user can figure out
CSS and write their own "user CSS" file.

In the very first MacIntosh web browser I ever used, a user could
set their preferences via a reasonably simple set of GUI controls.

So I guess the question before us is: is there a graphical configuration
tool that you know of that creates CSS files?

Or at the very least, is there a free, web available "how to CSS"
guide that you know of?

John S.