Download statistics? [was: Re: Removal of Roxen v1.3 from Debian GNU/Linux. Do or don't?]

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 11:31, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
[...]
>      Is there interest in keeping  Roxen 1.3 (and subsequently Pike 0.6) in
>      the Debian GNU/Linux distribution?

Just stumbled on this msg - not a roxen user myself.

Download statistics could help with this - are there any available
(preferable to the public, as IANADD).

No need to point out the (practicable unsolvable) problems I'm aware of:
 - download != use
 - mirrors also do downloads (I understand official mirrors are
push-driven, but unofficial ones?)
 - proxies and mirrors in general...
 - installations from CD

Still, it would give some very rough indication on a pkgs' popularity.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg