Re: kernel question

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:46:48PM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:50:14 +0100
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> > Not entirely ... look at the build-dependencies of the source package
> > (use 'apt-cache showsrc <package name>') to see whether it uses any
> > kernel-patch packages in its build process. For instance:

(Ack. Duplicate private mail - here's a copy of what I sent in private.)

> Thanks.  But do you mean apt-cache showpkg <package name> ?

No, I mean showsrc.

> I can't see a showsrc option on the man page.

Hm, that's a bug. Bug #129970 in fact.

> When I run it with this option I get an error saying I need a source
> URI in sources.list.

Yes, you do: take your existing deb entries and add parallel deb-src
entries, then update. For comparison, here's part of my sources.list:

  # Main archive, remote mirror
  deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
  deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
  deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free