Re: List postings as attachments

> Why do some list postings arrive as attachments? Is this
> dependent on the mail client used to read list mail?
>
> Is there any way to prevent this, and have all messages
> arrive in the message body?

For what it's worth (and I use OE to read this list at work),
the original message from David De Graff showed up with no
attachments. Shouldn't be a surprise though as it was sent
with OE, read by OE, and no PGP used.

-- Paul Johnson's message shows up normally but has one

-- Adrian von Bidder's message was the "pain in the ass"
kind... :-) Both the message text and a signature.asc file
showed up as attachments.

-- Karsten M Self replied to a message in a different thread
and his is also the "pain in the ass" kind. It's different
than Adrian's though. It consisted of a message text
attachment and a 'ATT00106.dat' attachment.

I tried a PGP 'plug-in' for OE once but it made no difference.
I believe it was from McAfee/Network Associates.

So, would everyone please re-configure their setup to function
like Paul Johnson's does ?? :-) Paul, care to share your setup
for others to see ?? Of course, I don't expect anyone to
change their "my setup ain't broken, yours is" mail program
for us lowly M$ Outlook and Outlook Express users...

(if you fail to see the humour or jest in this, I feel sorry
for you...)

Regards
Hall