About USB mouses.

I'm using a usb mouse (logitech optical mouse) that I plugged in the PS/2 port to allow my 2 other usb devices to work. The problem is that sometimes, my cursor can get out of control for about half-a-second. I'm moving my cursor and then it goes on the bottom of screen all of a sudden for no reason. It's not a terrible annoyance but I wondered if anyone of you already experienced this weird behavior.

By the way, Windows also exhibit this problem so it eliminates the gpm running at the same time scenario.

Well, thanks for your time.
Richard