Seg-faults and general bad stuff with gnome apps

Over the past few days I have been noticing some disturbing things with
my system.  The first is that galeon now seg-faults every few hours.  I
can reproduce it to a certain degree by opening up many windows with
many tabs and it will crash eventually, but it also crashes randomly.

Secondly when I start up gnome-session, gnome-panel goes through this
really wierd dance of trying to open up several instances of itself.
The first one always survives and stays alive through the whole ordeal,
but the subsequent ones always complain about the first one and die
before I can tell them not to open.

Also gnome-terminal now complains about its config file being messed
up.  I have an error message on that cause it happens everytime, but I
think this is related to a recent upgrade of gnome-terminal and not to
the problems with the rest of the system.

There have also been a few random crashes of other gnome components and
apps.  I am running sid and I recently bit the bullet and let it upgrade
to the new png3 version of gtk 2.0, and as a matter of fact only gtk 2
apps are crashing.  All apps still using the old gtk are working just
fine.  Other than that I can see no other major changes in my system.

I am running debian sid on a celeron with plenty of ram and other
resources.  I have icewm-gnome running as my wm.  Other than that its a
pretty standard gnome install.  I am running it on 2.4.20-pre1-ac1.  Any
explanations or help to fix it is as always much appreciated.
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."