Re: Rpm problems

Ken Stronach wrote:
> I am trying to install my Lexmark drivers for a Optra C710 but the rpm keeps giving me a few errors.
>
>   rpm -i lexmark???.rpm
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
>   error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
>

> Never tried to use rpm's within Debian before but I assume I am using it correctly...
>   Any help would be appreciated...
>
>   Thanks

you're not. :) I am pretty sure that the only reason that rpm is even in debian is to conform to linux standard base, you shouldn't be touching it with a ten foot pole. What you want to do is convert the rpm to a deb with 'alien <package.rpm>' and install with dpkg. If that doesn't work than you have to get the non-rpm option and install it manually.

ps. try not to start a new thread by replying to an existing thread