Re: Network doesn't work after kernel upgrade?

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 debianuser@suomi24.fi wrote:

> I have installed debian 3.0 and network works fine
> immediately after the installation, but when im
> compiling and installing new kernel the network stops
> working.

It _may_ be that you have the same problem I addressed earlier today:

Quoting myself:

<quote>A few of us on this list have recently had the same problem.  The
solution is to make sure your kernel config says yes to CONFIG_PACKET and
CONFIG_FILTER.  See, for example,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200206/msg05057.html
</quote>

Of course, it may be something completely different.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*