Boot stops at Cupsys

I am running unstable, and I updated it last night for the first time in a few days.  This morning when I rebooted the machine, the boot process stopped after it had printed out the information, something like: "Starting CUPSys: probing parport0..."

I'm not sure how to fix this, I've searched for similar problems, but I haven't found anything that helps.  I can't login because it doesn't get that far, so I don't really know what to do.

My machine is networked, but I have to use dhcp, and I run dhclient after I've booted, so I'm not sure if cups is looking for an ip to bind to or what.  Is there someway I can change the runlevel so it won't run that script?  Is something else the matter?  I'm really at a loss of what to do, and would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Justin Bauer
jbauer@engr.smu.edu