Re: 497 days uptime = 0 days uptime ?(uptime rolloveR)

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 06:15:14PM -0700, nate wrote:
> I had read originally that this "bug" occured mostly in
> SMP systems, but I guess UP systems get there once the uptime
> gets high enough

The reason it's seen mostly in SMP systems is that it rolls over
after 497 / (# of CPUs) days and 100- to 200-day uptimes are a lot
more common than 500 days.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss