Re: Web-camera for Linux

At 1029350485s since epoch (08/14/02 07:41:25 -0400 UTC), Preben Randhol wrote:
> I'm looking for a web-camera that works with Debian 3.0 GNU/Linux. It
> will only be used for conferencing so I would like a cheap one. Logitech
> QuickCam Express (USB) has been suggested by others. Does anybody use
> this with Debian?

I use this camera -- I found one for cheap and just wanted something
to put a live picture on my website with.

I got it working quickly, but I haven't fiddled too much with it, so
the picture quality isn't great.  The auto-contrast and -brightness
don't work, so the picture can look a little washed out depending on
the light near my computer.  I don't care enough to mess with it, but
if you're videoconferencing you might care.

My friend said he was going to buy one yesterday for $12US, so even if
it doesn't work too well, it's cheap.

Jason

--
Jason Healy