Re: IBM Hard disk failures (WasRe: Any brutal hard drive burn-in programs?)

On  0, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <ke6sls@cox.net> wrote:
[snip]
> My question is simple:  Would the majority of users here still avoid IBM
> drives, or was this a foul quirk of a single bad line of drives from IBM?
> My next question would be:  What has/is IBM doing about this bad PR?

Oh, come on, man, IBM are the kings of bad PR.  Compared to some IBM
exploits this is *good* PR.

It was a while ago, but I saw the manual from an early release of OS/2
Warp, without pages 2, 4, 6, 8... yep, every even page was missing.  I
have often been convinced that IBM have a death wish, but they hang in
there.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Intellectual freedom is not the freedom to believe anything, but the freedom to believe only the truth."
	- Dr. John Stott

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au