Re: Xfree86 and Knoppix

Hello people,

Thank you for your advice on my X86free frozen system.

I think I have the info I need to use Knoppix as a way into my Debian system
to a place where I can enter adequate commands to stop X-screen running.

Then I can re-install Debian. I don't have the patience or time to figure out the
detail of what went wrong this time. I just know it went horribly wrong and I
want out. And make a fresh start, staying well away from X86free.. All I really
want to ask Debian to do now to justify it's existence on my machine, is to
run a CDWriter and allow files to come in from the Windows half of the
machine, so I  can burn them on a CD.

Don't think I'll bother about configuring it for access to the internet; hours and
hours previously have been a total waste and frustration...

After this letter I am unsubscribing.

I can't cope with 300+ letters a day AND get something useful done.

Brian