Re: IBM Hard disk failures (WasRe: Any brutal hard drive burn-in programs?)

* Jaye Inabnit ke6sls (ke6sls@cox.net) [020813 18:32]:
> My question is simple:  Would the majority of users here still avoid IBM
> drives, or was this a foul quirk of a single bad line of drives from IBM?

IMO, the 75GXP was an isolated stain on IBM's otherwise clean record of
good hard drives.  As for future purchases, I'd follow the same course
of action for any hardware: don't be the first to get one.  Wait for the
reviews to come in before dropping the cash.  Don't ever buy a 75GXP,
and give the new drives some time on the market to prove themselves
before buying one (IBM or otherwise).

good times,
Vineet
--