Re: BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP PROPOSAL

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 03:00:24AM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> In case anyone hasn't guessed... General Hama Salama's "proposal" is a scam.
> A decades-old scam which has now got onto the net. Usually these messages
> come from Nigeria; I had one a couple of weeks ago from Mr Muyiwa Ige which
> was very similar. A Google search for "Muyiwa Ige" revealed the awful truth.
> Mariam Al-farouk's post is a scam too.
>
> This may be obvious, but maybe if these people see replies which tell
> everyone that it's a scam they'll stop sending them??????

Unfortunately, not.  This list is open to postings from non subscribers,
so it's unlikely they'd even see the reply.  Apart from which the
email address is probably forged (rule one: spammers lie).  The solution
that seems most popular right now is to use a filter like spamassassin.
Oh, and spamcop the offending mails, presuming your mail server doesn't
stuff up the headers like our one does...

- Chris