Re: IBM Hard disk failures (WasRe: Any brutal hard drive burn-in programs?)

hi ya

yuppers... dont buy 40GB ide disks from IBM made in thailand or hungry...
( you;ll be sorry later if its a mission critical servers )

	- think somebody was trying to be nice to one of their buddies
	and ibm's name got dragged into a bad quality disk drive

	- ibm drives was supposed to be amongst the best up till that flop
	( 4GB, 8GB, 10GB, 20GB, 30GB, 40GB(screwed up)...

	- have a bunch of them IBM 40GB DeskStar series drives myself..
	that have died while in production environment
	( burn in tests would NOT have caught it )

	- IBM has a 3 or 4 yr warranty on those drives....

c ya
alvin