Re: 497 days uptime = 0 days uptime ?(uptime rolloveR)

nate said:
> I think i remember this was a kernel bug a long time ago
> in earlier versions but didn't think 2.2.18 was affected.
>
> I have a machine that I believe recently hit 500 days of uptime
> and yet it shows only uptime of 2 days. HOWEVER, it shows that
> it's "idle" time is still 493 days (according to procinfo).

yeah i foudn this post:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.2/0337.html

"yes, I know this is defenitely no new issue (maybe its none to you
anyway), since I found posts about this dating from 1998: the
jiffies counter rolls over after approx. 497 days uptime, which
causes the uptime to roll over as well, and seems to cause some
other irretation in the system itself (my pc speaker starting
beeping constantely...)"

sigh.