Re: Printer problem

Thus spake Deryk Barker (dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca):

> Thus spake Stephen Gran (gashuffer09@comcast.net):
> > Is the module lp loaded as well?  You might have built it into the
> > kernel, but it's worth checking.  It is, of course, unhelpfully, not in
> > the same place as the basic parport stuff in the kernel config.  The
> > first two are enabled in 'parallel port support', and lp.o is under
> > 'character devices' - printer on parallel port or something like that,
> > IIRC.  I've made this mistake as well.
>
> Oh, excellent fellow! 'twas indeed not built. I am rebuilding the
> kernel as I type.

Now built. installed, LILO'ed, rebooted and I am happily listening the
to chuntering of my printer as it works its way up to p[rinting the
CUPS test page for me.

Thanks again.

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |