Re: Resetting SCSI CD-RW burner

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:17:33 +1000
Andrew Luke Nesbit <alnesbit@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>  If I am burning a CD with cdrecord and I abort during the burn, then
>  the drive seems to "lock up".  I have to eject the aborted CD using a
>  paperclip and the only way I know of bringing the drive back to life
>  is by rebooting the system.  Is there a better way?

Have you tried the latest version of cdrecord[1]? I remember pressing a
Ctrl-C in the middle of a CDRW burn and without rebooting making
a subsequent burn.

[1] ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/alpha (The alpha tag is a
bit misleading; the software is actually more robust than many release
candidate software I've tried)