Re: [Help] IDE Raid

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 15:45:59 +0930, Tom Cook wrote:
> Wrong.  /dev/sda is a SCSI disk.  /dev/hd? is an IDE disk.  I don't know
> the particulars or RAID cards, but I would be suprised if they present two
> IDE disks as a SCSI disk.  Having said that, I am ready to be suprised on
> this count.

Be surprised then. The Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A card in my machine does
exactly that: RAID5 with the 4 IDE disks attached to it, presenting the
result as a single logical SCSI disk /dev/sda.

Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but if they called them "sad meals", kids wouldn't