Neverwinter Nights (Was: Re: Unreal Tournament question)

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 21:07, Edward Guldemond wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:20:08PM -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > Well, all this discussion of UT on the recreation thread has
> > reminded me that I need a new game to play in Linux while I wait
> > for the Neverwinter Nights client to be released.
>
> Does the client work under Wine or WineX?  I haven't tried it, and I
> was just curious.

Have a look at the free-for-all forum at http://nwn.bioware.com and
especially the threads called "The Great Linux Client Thread" or
"TGLCT" (we're at version 11 at the moment.

But to make it short: it probably doesn't. There were some people saying
they got it to work, but I don't know if that's correct, most couldn't
get it to work. The Toolset however runs with a special verion of Wine
which is also mentioned somewhere in there (it's called NWNWine or
NWine, don't remember). Since the toolset won't be ported, you'll have
to go that way.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!