Re: pnp conflicts

David Jardine said:
> The latest of my twice-a-year searches for ways to set
> up sound threw up "pnpdump -c". Its output, however,
> included the line:
>
> (CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING
>
> which sounds to me like, "Sorry, mate.  You're out of
> luck.  We've tried 'em all and there's just no way."
>
> Is it really as bad as that?

depends.. i was playing with isapnp for the first time in
about 4-5 years last night on a laptop for a modem ..I changed
everything to WARNING, and didn't have any real problems. If
it conflicts with a device that you don't use I wouldn't expect
any problems. (e.g. a parallel or serial port). worst thing
I think that can happen is a lockup. i would only experiment
with that stuff in single user to be most safe..

nate