Re: GRUB vs LILO

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 02:29, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> In this situation:
>
>    - Boot system.
>    - At GRUB prompt, type 'c' for command.
>    - 'cat /grub/menu.lst' (assumes /boot is its own partition)
>    - From your existing GRUB conf, copy the 'kernel' line.  Add 'single'
>      to the end of it.  You'll boot single.
>    - If necessary, enter an 'initrd' line.
>    - Type 'boot'
Much of this isn't really even necessary.  If you have menu.lst properly
setup.  You would just choose which kernel you wanted to boot and
instead of pressing enter you would press 'e' to edit the entry.  Then
go to the kernel line and press 'e' again and add single at the end of
the line and press 'b' twice and it should boot you into single user
mode. About 5 more buttons to press over a similar lilo configuration.
And so much more flexible. God I love grub :-)

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."