Re: [Help] IDE Raid

On  0, axacheng <axanet@ms32.hinet.net> wrote:
> Hello List :
>
> i have a question confused me .......
>
> i dont know whats name of IDE Raid card that is good compatibility in Debian Woo
> dy...... ()
>
> i have used a IDE Raid card which is CMD640 chip.....Howerver, when i prepartiti
> on in installation process, Debian woody just
>
> find /dev/hda and /dev/hdb!!!!!  it seems INCORRECT!!!!!!   CORRECT result is /d
> ev/sda.....  (My kernel is 2.4.18-xfs)

Wrong.  /dev/sda is a SCSI disk.  /dev/hd? is an IDE disk.  I don't
know the particulars or RAID cards, but I would be suprised if they
present two IDE disks as a SCSI disk.  Having said that, I am ready to
be suprised on this count.

> i am very sure my boot floppy have been already support CMD640 chip!!! but .....
> ..its NOT working when i partition my Disk!!!!
>
> i have been surveyed http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1067&nIdPage=4 an
> d try to use PDC20268 chip....its the same result  (NOT WORK)>_<
>
> Does everyone knows what is IDE Raid Card have easy to implement and Good compat
> ibility with Debian Woody????

Is software RAID an option?  I know several people who have used it
and they gave it a good report.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au