Re: can't startx (sorry)

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, John Griffiths wrote:

> it's a vanilla woody 3.0, i think gnome came down in the destop task but i
> haven''t got that far to a problem.
>
> it's an s3 card and installing xserver-s3v

Why are you doing that?  Your log file shows you're using XFree86 4.1
(from memory - I didn't keep that msg because I hadn't meant to get into
this), so the server you need is xserver-xfree86.  I _think_ all those
individual servers went away with X3.  So, I ask again, have you tried to

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

That takes you through the configuration of the X server.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman
pwiseman@mindspring.com