Re: LDAP Auth

Phillip Hofmeister said:
> Has anyone came accross a good LDAP Auth HOWTO that talks about what
> Debian packages are required...how to install...configure...etc.  I have
> found several so far buth they all talk about building the software
> yourself...

i came up with a document about 2 weeks ago that talks about
this in detail. everything from getting the software to compiling
populating the database to setting up SSL/TLS to pam to nss, to
samba-tng to postfix ...

http://howto.linuxpowered.net/ldap/ldap.html

57 pages according to opera. i must've spent a good 25 hours
writing and checking it sofar. I plan to revise it a bit more
soon, as well as add radius to the mix.

it focuses on debian 3.0 but I try to be as platform neutral
as I can in most places.

its a very very lenghty process, if this document does it's
job you should be able to learn in a few hours what took me
about 2 months to figure out.

nate