Problems Printing at ECOMM-CAN

First of
~~~~~~~~
After reading the information about upgrading to GNOME2 provided by gnome.org, I changed the 'sources.list' database from stable to unstable, did the updating and upgrading of the system and taataaa... No problems. I have noticed a grate improvement in the system; the applications run much faster and, so far, all the applications share data more effectively, the GUI is much nicer and all the applications are newer than the ones in the stable database. Mind you though, I have not yet install GNOME2 I am still using the whatever portion of GNMOME2 that comes with the unstable packages. Now, I have not tested this on a real life network, but it is showing promises though. The reason why I am not tested the upgrade on a real life network is because I first test all new things on a P133 box called, of course, TESTER_BOX, which runs Debian Linux and 64MB of RAM.

Congrats to the GNOME team as well as all the support application developers. Keep up the good work!

PROBLEMS in paradise
At this stage in the upgrade I have but one serious problem, for some reason my EPSON Stylus COLOR 800 printer is spitting out garbage when I try to print from any of the GNOME applications [AbiWord, Balsa, Galeon], with the exception of gnomepad+ and gEdit. I checked/tested the printer before the upgrade though and it was OK. Note that TESTER_BOX has installed lpr and apsfilter to take care of the printing spooling and printcap respectively. It would appear that the problem resides in those applications that encode text, since it is only those applications that are showing this problem. Someone suggested that it was 'gnome-print' the source of the problem, I couldn't say that that is for sure. NEdit, gnomepad, gEdit save data in text mode; these data is printed correctly from the application itself or form the command prompt.

Another problem, although a minor one, is that none of the GNOME applications can check spell. From Balsa I get a message that reads:

I am sorry I can't find any suitable word lists for language-tag "en".

From Abiword one that reads:

Could not loads the dictionary for the en-US language.

I would appreciate any help regarding these matters.

Thanks in advance