Xalan-java - how to set the classpath?

I've just downloaded libxalan2-java and tried

  java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process

but I get the error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/apache/xalan/xslt/Process
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)

I set CLASSPATH to /usr/share/java (which contains xalan2.jar
and so on), but this doesn't change anything.

Same problem with kaffe.

Any idea? (I've never used Java before.)

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International