Re: GRUB vs LILO (little OT)

I really like grub, but currentily I'm using lilo for 1 reason.

I'm in this ongoing debate with my Windows Whore friend of mine about which
OS is better.  I was really stumpt when he complained that linux doesn't have
a system tray for A.I.M. and other apps to drop into.  I showed him the
Gnome-gaim applet which allows you to pull it off the task list, whcih is
really the same thing, but I think that's the only app that does that.  He
wasn't that impressed.  I feel that kinda thing is pretty insignificate to
the over proformence of the OS, but htat' not what pulls him in.  I suspect
others are the same.  So I'm in the habbit of showing off linux bell's and
whistels.  Suse's version of linux has the ability to be animated.  A
complete wast of time in terms of proformence, but looks really cool.  I have
it on a laptop, so it's seen fairily often.  I can see the envy they have.  I
have a few friends wanting linux just so I can set this up for them.  The
Gnome2 GDM is turning heads as well.

Those interested should check out

http://www.gamers.org/~quinet/lilo/

The guy will direct you to where suse has the RPM.  You can use alien on it
then dpkg -i the new deb.

-Jeff