Re: X Display from remote host and ssl/ssh:Solved

On  0, Sebastian Canagaratna <s-canagaratna@onu.edu> wrote:
> Thanks. Your suggestion that I check that the X server is listening
> for TCP connection was the most imporant one. I found that the xserverrc
> file had -nolisten TCP. Once I removed it, I could get the diplay
> forwarded provided I defined the DISPLAY variable. The remote
> sshd server had Forward X11=no, so I had to define the display.

Keep in mind that this means that your X session is being transferred
by normal methods, not over the secure stream.  So anyone could listen
in to what you are doing.  Personally I think you'd have to be pretty
paranoid, but...

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
	- George Gobol

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au