Re: Apache / libdb2 error

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

I'd appreciate it if people having this problem could try installing
libdb1-compat from <http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/db1-compat/>. So
far it seems to be working well for me, although there are still a few
details of its interaction with libc6 to be worked out.

It seems to work fine here for the Apache problem.

Details: I experienced the "problem" with libdb.so.2 missing during Apache startup after upgrading to libc6, v. 2.2.5-13 as describe by others on this thread. After fooling around with down-grading to the version of libc6 in "stable", and seeing how many other upgraded packages were affected, I decided to go back to libc6 2.2.5-13 and just do without Apache (I don't use it on this machine).

I removed Apache and just for fun, tried to re-install it. It wouldn't install with the new libc6. That was the status here when your post above arrived.

I installed your deb and re-installed Apache. It starts & stops without complaints now. Dunno about effects on other programs yet, but apparently there is not anything major. The system runs fine and I don't get any complaints on startup now.

Thanks!

-Don Spoon-