Re: CUPS: http://localhost:631/admin does not exist!

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 08:57:28PM -0700, A R wrote:
> Answering two questions:
>
> 1. Here is what I get
>
> debian:~# lsof -i tcp:631
> COMMAND PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
> cupsd   287 root    0u  IPv4    397       TCP *:ipp
> (LISTEN)
> debian:~#
>
> 2. When I try to go to http://localhost:631/admin it
> hangs in there, and tells me after a while:
> "The operation timed out when attempting to contact
> localhost"

I've never used cups, but have you got cupssys-client package
installed? Someone recently mentionned this on the list.

Rudy

--
Rudy Gevaert - info@webworm.org  - http://www.webworm.org
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glms

To understand recursion you must first understand recursion. ...