Re: mp3 creation

Neal Lippman <nl@lippman.org> writes:
> I was looking for some advice on what people are using to create
> mp3's.

I use ogg123 to create Ogg Vorbis files (see, for example,
http://www.vorbis.com/ if you don't know what Vorbis is; the short
form is "like MP3, but not in questionable legal status and probably
technically better too").  Around that, I use cdparanoia to rip CDs,
and then abcde as a straightforward wrapper that will get CDDB
information, rip the CD, and automatically encode it without user
intervention beyond some initial confirmation of the CD contents.

All of the software you need should be readily available in woody.

	-- Abra Mitchell