Re: mp3 creation

* Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> [11-08-2002 20:52]:
> on Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:47:30AM +0100, Oliver Beddows insinuated:
> > Quick question, why don't you encode your wav files using Ogg
> > Vorbis?
>
> quick question -- what are people's favorite utilities for encoding to
> ogg?  I've tried abcde and oneripper, and haven't had any luck with
> either (thouth abcde encodes fine to mp3).  perhaps i just need to
Jack does a good job.

apt-cache show jack
Jack has been developed with one main goal: making MP3s or OGGs
without having to worry. There is nearly no way that an incomplete rip
goes unnoticed, e.g. jack compares WAV and OGG file sizes when
continuing from a previous run. Jack also checks your HD space
before doing anything (even keeps some MB free).

--