Re: Help requested: internal iomega atapi zip drive

"J.A. de Vries" <J.A.deVries@dto.tudelft.nl> writes:

[...]

> system. It is the only IDE component in my system. I managed to get
> it to work just by adding this line to /etc/fstab:
>
> /dev/hdc  /zip  vfat  defaults,user,noauto  0  0
>
> That was all.

Thanks,

As Jerome says ("Does your zip drive have power?...I would expect it to
appear in hardware list. Check ide and power cable connections."), this
is maybe a physical/hardware problem. I have checked all the
connections, zip drive lights up, so there must be power, reattached
ribbon cable and rebooted, yet still no hdc.

No clear idea of what the problem might be, but thanks anyhow,

Tomasz