Re: Help requested: internal iomega atapi zip drive

Hi Tomasz,

I might be wrong here, but I think the SCSI support is necessary only
when you use the SCSI or parallel port versions. I seem to remember
that the atapi version is supported directly.

Anyway this is what I have in my /etc/modules (excluding a buch of
iptables stuff):

usb-uhci
input
usbkbd
keybdev
3c59x
parport
sg
emu10k1
ntfs
msdos

This is a SCSI system with a atapi zipdrive I inherited from an older
system. It is the only IDE component in my system. I managed to get
it to work just by adding this line to /etc/fstab:

/dev/hdc  /zip  vfat  defaults,user,noauto  0  0

That was all.

I read stories of people needing to mount is a device hdx4, so that
could be worth a try too. I tried to do that initially too, but for me
it didn't work like that.

I hope this get's you on your way.

Grx HdV