apsfilter problem

Hello:

I've been trying to set up my HP895Cse.  I had it working fine before
under RedHat.  (I'm in the process of migrating the machine over to
Debian.)

I run 'apsfilterconfig' and get all settings correct, but when I try to
print the test page, I get a bunch of errors starting out so:

Creating test page...
unable to set key=OutputFile, value=/tmp/apsfilter12029/test_page.aps
unable to set key=Quality, value=0
unable to set key=ColorMode, value=2
unable to set key=MediaType, value=0
unable to set key=PenSet, value=2

The last 4 of these repeat a few times, and then I get

unable to write to output, fd=0, count=1000: Bad file descriptor

repeated until I hit ^C to abort.

I suspect it may be because I don't have a bidirectional parallel cable,
but there's a good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about!  Any
thoughts?

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman