Re: Need help w/ console resolution SOLVED

Greetings Chris

On 10-08-02, Christian H. Kuhn wrote:
> Hi C.,
>
> cmasters <cmasters@nbnet.nb.ca> on Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:29:04PM -0300:
> > I managed to get ~partial~ success with changing "vga=normal" to each
> > of the following:
> >
> > vga=extended
> > vga=ext
> > vga=0x0103 #this was determined with "lilo -T video"
> >

> Try vga=ask and remember to rerun lilo after the change of
> lilo.conf. When rebooting, you will be shown a menu of different
> resolutions. Choose one, and then use the number of your choice in the
> vga-line (e.g. vga=9).

Thany you muchly!! Although I read this in the docs, I didn't
understand the purpose of this. As it happens, following you advice
revealed that I have 11 options (0 - b); after testing, I found that
132x60 worked the best and replaced the "ask" with the appropriate hex
code (a previous trial reboot complained when I used "a" as the vga
option -- not a number).

I now have glorious 132x60 resolution on my consoles!! Now that I
won't be visibly reminded about the impending death of my monitor
(while in X -- se previous "further" post), I can use my term apps
straight from the terminal.

> HTH
> Chris

A ~very~ happy,