can't connect on DHCP modem (windows OK)

Hi there,
Im experiencing some problems with my ADSL connection. My local ISP rent
modems to us (yes, you read right) and as you may guess, their quality is
poor. Well, thats another story. My modem actually worked as a bridge, I had
a static IP and everything was working flawlessly. Then, my modem (Parks)
broke and they delivered an Ericsson HM220DP right away.
The point is: now I connect to my modem using DHCP (I'm sure not using
pppoe), its setup (accessible using 192.168.254.254) tells me its initial
and final interval are the same, so my IP will always be unique, and the
same I had with the parks (its a valid IP address). And when I try to
connect using both dhcpcd and dhcp-client I can't establish a connection, it
gives me timeout errors. What really is strange is that it works in windowz
with no problems at all!
Already disabled any firewall rules, my /etc/networks/interfaces is
configured to dhcp (it was static, and neither works now). I'm almost giving
back this crap modem, hope theres someone else who can help me out here!!