Re: Choosing which device gets mounted as root [RESIGNATION!]

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:42:42PM -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> You didn't mention boot floppies, but I thought (if your computers have
> floppy drives, or if either of them does) that you could achieve more or
> less what you wanted (having the drive and partitions properly recognised
> regardless of which machine the drive was in) by creating a boot floppy
> specific to each machine.  Sorry if that's not responsive to your problem.

No, please, go on and tell me how to do it. I'm almost desperate and
willing to accept everything. Forgive me my ignorance but I just
don't see the solution. If floppies solve it, then that's what I
need! I'm all ears ...

andrej

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates