kernel troubels

hi all,

i've got a problem with a new kernel.

i installed a new woody 3. i userd the 2.4-bf kernel image. everything is fine
exept, no reiserfs suport anymore for my lovely data hardrive.

so, meaning no promen, geting the kernel-source and create my one,
but this crazy thing will not working.
kernel panic while mounting the root fs.

so i checked everything
1. the config file in for the standart kernel on the cdrom (kernel-config)
talks about reiserfs support, but no modules wehre found !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. why my own kernels, based on this config file will end in a kernel panic ?!

thanks for help

harald