Re: How to find a virtual package?

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

>> May I know how to find a missing virtual package when using "dpkg -i"?
> 'apt-get install <virtual>' will tell you like so:
> [...]

Thanks! But whatif that virtual package is not in the
/etc/apt/sources.list? For example, if only CD#1 is available at my
home. Then, suppose I'd like to install  package "xyzzy" which I
copy manually to a disket (at my office). After using "dpkg -i xyzzy",
I realize that virtual package "plugh" is also needed.

Is there a way to find that virtual package (at my office)
by using a search utility?

thank you,

--
Abdul Latip -- Angkasa Internet Junior Staff -- ANGIN.com
http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/ ----------------