From: David Teague [mailto:dbt@cs.wcu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 11:30 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: teague@jackson.main.nc.us
Subject: Help. My system cracked and used to spam

Hi

Please CC: response to teague@jackson.main.nc.us

The Subject line says it all. One of my machines was
cracked and A spam forwarder was installed on it.

It is an old 486 running Debian 2.0.

I disconnected it from the net, since stopping
the spam forwarding is very important.

Please, will someone give me pointers to FAQs,
HOWTOs and books on how to find what was done
to the mailer (Exim?) to make it behave so, and
how to find how to fix it..

Thanks.

David Teague

---