Re: Web Control Panel

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, nate wrote:

> <quote who="A Busquets">
> > Somebody knows of the existence of some free initiative of Web Control
> > Panel to administer a server type plesk, ensim, sphera or cpanel.  That
> > run well with debian. Thanks
>
> i reccomend webmin. it works pretty good. though i don't use it
> for much other then mysql administration.
>
> there is a webmin package, though last i checked it didn't support
> ssl out of the box t hat may of changed since then. the version
> on www.webmin.com works fine for me and is what i use.

In potato there were seperate webmin and webmin-ssl packages.  In
woody/sarge/sid, the webmin packages support ssl by default.  The version
in woody is a little buggy and stuck at 0.94 but the ones in sarge/sid
(which should work fine on woody btw) are uptodate and actively being
maintained.  Check it out.  Free for an unlimited time at an apt source
near you.

But I think the person who started this thread was looking for a control
panel for virtual hosts judging by the names he gave.  Webmin needs a lot
of customization for that.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>